Well, the day has finally come. Since today, Klout allows you to delete the profile they (or you) created on you.
In my case, that means I'll first have to sign up for klout, as they created my account all by themselves - but I'm happy to go through that little PITA
Here's how to delete your account:
- Go to Klout, log in, then (a) go to your Profile Settings or (b) click this link and continue at step 4.
- Click on click here
- Click on Continue opting-out
- 3 clicks here, or 4 with some text - you decide. But at the bottom of the page, enter your name, and click Submit
- Notify the pop-up, quite a few caveats there that suggest Klout is hand-handling this but we'll fix that in the next 15 seconds Twitter(Twitter is just one of the networks you'll have to do this for: most will only have Twitter as a network)
- Go to Twitter, go to your Settings
- Click Applications
- Locate Klout, and click Revoke Access
- Last but not least, verify that your Klout profile has vanished: go to your Klout profile, and you should see the first picture at the top of this post